Monday, April 14, 2008

Pope Week Day One

"Fr.Bob we are in the eye of the world..."
Isn't that the truth..



I started off my day looking for a missing student and praying with the Public Safety Office. Day one was exciting as the media began to arrive and the campus started to take on a different appearance. . Campus Ministry was a behive of activity. There were flyers to design and print for the candlelight Rosary with the Seminarians of Theological College. The script for the Rock the Pope Rally was being proofed and proofed and proofed. Amid all of the chaos I had the chance (priviledge) to talk to a couple of students about their lives. That is my favorite part of my whole day and it keeps me grounded and reminds me what is important.

Last night we had a the Candlelight Rosary. There were over 250 people who attended we know because we made 200 worship aids and we quickly ran out. The media followed us around campus taking all kinds of pictures and videos. There were several interviews before and after the Rosary walk. I hope to post some pictures when I can.

Following Rosary we had a Rock the Pope practice. It went from 9:00 PM to 10:45. To see the whole thing put together for once was really nice. The students made some suggestions and we'll see what we can do to incorporate them into the script. Every time I watch the video of JPII I am so moved.

As I said goodnight to the kids in the pryz I finished off the night with 1/2 scoop of ice cream and a scoop of granola. WONDERFUL.

Pope Day 2 to follow.

No comments: