Saturday, March 06, 2010

It really is a web… be careful out there…

Because we are on Spring Break (YEAH) I have had a couple of minutes to play around with the internet and download IE 8.
Last night as I went to bed I was listening to Pandora on my Iphone and I marked a song that I liked on my Michael W. Smith station.
This morning when I opened the new browser and used Windows Live, low and behold somehow Windows Live knew what songs I was listening to last night on my Iphone and that I marked a couple of favorites. I know it has been said over and over again but the World Wide Web is exactly that a web. This was however, the first time I feel that I was caught in it. We have to be so careful about what information is being collected about us who can see it.

I don’t mind people knowing what music I like to listen to but I don’t want any data on me or anyone else being collected and broadcast without us even knowing about it.

I for one will be a lot more careful in the future.
It really is a “
Brave New World “ out there.
Have a great day

No comments: