Monday, January 28, 2008

Blest Indeed...

Last night was one of those moments when I was able to see through all of the fog and count our blessings at CUA. At 7:00 PM the CM Lounge filled with the Women of Gratia Plena.... there were tons of them and the room was filled to capacity. Their demeanor and spirit was relaxed and happy. Of late I have been dealing with some of my daughters who just aren't adjusting to college life in a healthy way. When I talk with them the walls are think and the bravado is often in your face. Their demeanor compared to those in women in the CM Lounge is striking and motivates me more to reach out to my "Party Daughters" in whatever way I can.

St. Vincent's was packed packed packed solid with people. My lively ones always populate the back wall. That's because they come late. For them it is the 9:05 Mass. However they are there and I'll take them and so will God. You know often in life you vote with your feet. Those kids on the back wall have.

Following Mass and usual chaos outside "St. Vinnie's" I went to the Esto Vir meeting. There were 62 young men there and a couple who weren't emailed their explanations. Kevin Bein spoke about the book "Wild at Heart" and the stages of Manhood. The book and his talk made an impression on many in the room.

When the fog clears, it's important to take the time to reflect and see where you really are. We are in a good place a holy place, surrounded by holy kids and wanna be holy kids and holy kids in potential. This calls me (us) to help change as many as possible of the later to the former. (Did I get that right ? You know what I mean). It is a good task a noble task a holy mission or commision given to us by God.

Let's face the week with the confidence of God's disciples.

Follow me and I will make you fishers of men and women...:)

No comments: