Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Tempests

How does one stay calm in a tempest, when things are happening all over and you have no control to stop them or even influence them. How does one keep focused in times of difficulty?
I don't profess to be an expert or even good example in either of these situations.

What I do know is that I am loved by God all of us are and if I can hold on to that profound truth there is not a lot that can touch me.

From Romans....
What will separate us from the love of Christ? Will anguish, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or the sword? 37 No, in all these things we conquer overwhelmingly through him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor present things, 9 nor future things, nor powers, 39
nor height, nor depth, 10 nor any other creature will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Thank you Lord for the challenges of life... may they draw even pull me, may they draw and even pull all of us, into the profound mystery of your never ending love. May the challenges and the trials we experience make us ever more dependent on you, seeking to do your will, in the manner you will , it for as long as it pleases you...

I give you my life.

Amen

No comments: